Friday, October 14, 2011

No vamos a ceder frente a los terroristas

I must have mice on the brain! In nearly 30 years of living in the country, I've had only one mouse in my house, and that was this week when a tiny fieldmouse ran in an open door. It was a standoff, but it was he, honestly, who left through the open door. Whew!

PS - if you don't believe me, I have a witness.



No vamos a ceder frente a los terroristas

It was a standoff
Of the rodent kind -
Raton de campo,
No bigger than my thumb,
Un bandido pequeno
With a tail like a sword,
And me, SeƱora de la Casa,
All giant legs and feet,
Like some towering statue,
More frightened, I am sure,
Than he.

What great cause
Has spurred this raid?
What urged this terrorista to scale
The steps and sneak inside?

I see his mousey compadres
Gathered round, toasting
And telling him heroic tales,
Tempting him with grain to be found
Inside the citadel.

So here he is,
Come in through an open door,
Looking at me like he's never
Seen a broom before,
And I, conceding defeat
To such a sight,
Open up the other door
And flee in fright.


Forgive my fractured Spanish. I studied French, but somehow, this little guy was a bandido!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. LOL. I have a mouse story, but I won't go into the details here (they involve me with my nose in a book and a mouse in a toilet - I think I'll have to do a blog post about it someday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mice will rule the world one day ...as soon as the rats give way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bug - I want to hear that one!

    Gnome - So true! Senor Gato!

    TWM - Mice and cockroaches! :-)

    ReplyDelete