Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sight














SIGHT

I can't believe
How unobservant
You are,
He says.

The sky this morning
Rolls blue and grey
Except where the sun should rise,
Except where striations
Of purple, gold, and pink
Mute the light.


How could you
Not have noticed
That before,
He asks of something
So useful I cannot even see.

Meanwhile,
A tiny spider bounces 

The tightrope of his web
And hangs a moment upside down
To shinny past
A shining drop of dew.


You never pay attention,
He says.

To see the world in a grain of sand,
I tell him.

Meanwhile, the earth ticks
And spins around us
And holds eternity

In a web of many hues.

7 comments:

  1. To see the world and all upon it in a grain of sand would be a fine thing...I have seen it in a leaf but now you have given me courage to look deeper Karen, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark - I miss talking with you. You always see things deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad when someone believes his perception is the only valid one, yet he is blind. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I'm constantly having this argument with people... noticing the little things is just as important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a clever poem with a suitable photo ;)
    and i like the new design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clash of perceptions...is always interesting. And seeing the world in a grain of sand...profound. :)

    ReplyDelete