Friday, December 30, 2011

Friends


Photo: Joan Jett













Friends

She would, she says,
if she could do it all again,
be a rock star.
I can see it in the heels
she swears feel fine,
even when she stands all day.
It's in the spiky hair she wears,
the way she can dance all night
and drink me under the table.
Last year, she took voice,
thinking that the local stage
might be her place to shine.
Then life interrupted,
and she left that dream behind.
But if she could, she'd be a star,
Hit the road in a bus,
Live life hard.
She's Joan Jett.
Me? I'd be a gentle poet.
I haven't told her yet.

3 comments:

  1. I never wanted to be a rock star, but I did wish I could sing & play the guitar like one. Just to impress people at parties.

    *I* wanted to be a librarian. Ha!

    P.S. - you ARE a gentle poet already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, as they say, to Walking Man's question!

    You already are what you dream you would be. Nice to know, isn't it?

    Happy new year to you, Karen. I miss our weekly visits on the Poetry Bus.

    ReplyDelete